Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I absolutely loved The Hourglass Door! This is, obviously, the first novel I've ever read by Lisa Mangum and I don't hesitate to say that she, along with many others, has a beautiful talent. Her writing it wonderful! Although she started the book with the writing style that I typically try to stay away from, I was instantly captivated. I had been told that this particular writing style could be quite effective when used correctly and add more emphasis to a story. This is the first time I've ever found that to be true.

Lisa Mangum has crafted a beautifully, unforgettable novel full of love and mystery.

This is easily one of my favorite books. The plot was wonderfully balanced between action, mystery, and love. There were times when she'd begin to reveal something and you'd be able to guess exactly what it was, but only moments before you read the revelation a few lines later. I found that so....smart. Instead of leaving the reader wondering the whole time, she'd bring something up and just as you guess what the answer is, boom. You read it. I don't know if she did that to play to her strengths or not but I think it was smart.

I really enjoyed reading how Abby and Dante fall in love. For the first 200 pages or so, he comes so close but pulls away from Abby. You can literally feel how close they are to falling in love. The final moment is kept tantalizingly close yet so far at the same time. It was beautifully done. This is possibly by far, the best romance novel I've ever read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account