Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
With "The Host", I did genuinely enjoy the meaning behind the story, and the story itself. I actually started to get really into it. The first few chapters were difficult for me to get into- I even considered just deleting it off my kindle and not even bothering, but I've never done that with the hundreds of books I've read, and I didn't want to have that one blemish on my "book-log". Who can judge a book wholeheartedly without even finishing?
So, after a few chapters, it started to get more interesting. I understood the plotline as it got clearer, and the writing style started to get easier to read as well. Truthfully I'm very glad that I finished it. I even got a little teary-eyed towards the end. Sure, some parts were sappy, but when you look at the overall picture- its pretty good. Humanity in it's purest form is shaped and outlined through the story of Wanderer/Melanie and the other humans. I'd rather give this book a 4.5 star rating, but since I technically can't, 5 stars will do. I'd rather over-rate the book than under-rate it.
If you can get past the first few chapters, the book will definitely be worth it- it's worth a try. I'd explain what makes me feel the way I do about this book, but I don't want to give any spoilers. Read the book- it'll be worth it in the end!

*The movie comes out March 2013- can't wait for that!
Good Points
Practically everything
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account