Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jonathon Arntson

Writing: 5/5 
Originality: 5/5 
Cover: 5/5 
Characters: 5/5 
Reading experience: 5/5 

After I flew through the Twilight Saga in the fall of 2008, I questioned Meyer's ability to write a comparable work and in such a short time. I put off reading The Host until the June of '09. I fell in love with Twilight, despite the spelling and grammatical errors, and when I started reading The Host my skepticism did not cease within the first ten pages. In fact, I almost abandoned the book, which I rarely do, but I decided to persist and boy am I glad I did. The Host is officially in my Top Five favorite books of all time. I soon found out the bizarre beginning was perfectly written and contrasts well with the rest of the book. Meyer captures the emotions and facial expressions of the characters in an unmistakeable manner, forcing you too love or hate the characters. But as the plot progresses and the character's demeanor changes, so too does your opinion. While daunting at first, I came to enjoy the length of The Host. You will find yourself going through so many emotions when reading this book that you are thankful she includes as much as she does. It is safe to say everyone will feel closure in the end, but it is a rollercoaster ride to get there. The first ten pages are that awkward clinking you have to sit through before the initial drop and then you find yourself waiting in a queue through the next hundred or so pages. But it all fits well into the storyline and The Host completely blows Twilight out of the water.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account