Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I finished this book a few days ago and have been mulling over this review in my head since then. There were many things that I enjoyed about The Heir but I didn't feel myself connecting as much with this story as the previous installments.

What I liked: I liked seeing the Selection process through different eyes. Eadlyn has very strong opinions about everything--including the Selection. I think she grows a lot throughout the course of the book and she becomes more aware of the people that are surrounding her. I like her confidence but what I like even more is to see some of her walls break down (and this takes a while). I also really liked revisiting tidbits from Maxon and America's courtship. As fictional couples go, I'm really glad these two made it and are genuinely in love.

If you liked the world Cass created with the original trilogy, then you won't be disappointed with The Heir. Twenty years have passed but it still feels like the same place, granted there have been changes over time but it is still true to the first three books.

What left me wanting more: This is the part that I struggled with when I finished reading. I really wanted more focus on the relationships between Eadlyn and the guys. There were obviously some guys that stood out more than others but I felt like we didn't really know any of them that well.

Final Verdict: When this book ended, I wasn't ready to be finished with it. There is a lot left to be told in this story. I can't wait to see where it goes.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account