Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I loved the Sweet series by Wendy Higgins. LOVED. So I knew I needed this book pronto.

I’m not familiar with “The Singing Bone”, but now I need to read it to learn more about this tale!

For a while there, I felt like it would never be going anywhere. It was monotonous castle life on every page, unless it was a POV of one of the Lashed.

And I am glad for those alternating chapters, because I probably wouldn’t have stuck around had it been Aerity’s world all the time. I’m usually not a fan of the third person POV, but I didn’t mind it here.

And once the story picked up, I was hooked. I fell in love with the charming kingdom of Lochlanach and all its residents (especially the hunters).

The Lashed are my new favorite creatures. I’m incredibly intrigued. I loved Aerity instantly and adored Vixie just as much. What a cute little family!

The Seabolt brothers. Paxton and Tiern are the perfect opposites and I loved their bond and what family meant to them. To choose family over honor or glory is a trait held by few.

As always, Wendy Higgins crafted a highly dramatic tale, beautifully written and completely surprising.
Once The Great Hunt finally got going, I couldn’t stop and quickly finished it. A consuming read full of twists and turns, romance and deception.

You like forbidden magic and kickass women who aren’t afraid to get dirty? The Great Hunt is sure to leave you wanting more (and by that I mean you will be craving the sequel!)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account