Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
While this series is still not held in quite the same esteem as the Vampire Academy series for me, The Golden Lily was pretty darn good. Richelle Mead really raises the stakes that ensures an epic adventure that Sydney and her crew will be a part of.

A lot of plot threads revealed throughout both Bloodlines and this one come together by the book's end. Richelle Mead also uproots a lot more and leaves readers with a lot of questions. Some of the more major plot points were fairly predictable, I called them back in book 1. Still, it was fun to see how Sydney and the gang would come to the same solutions.

Sydney grows immensely through The Golden Lily - her growth is so much fun to watch, because I simply love her as a character. Her sudden immersion into the human world is so different and she simply tries to live it the only way she knows. I love that the story is told from her point of view because she is such an awesome character. She's so different from Rose - Rose is all action, where Sydney is so careful. She calculates everything. And ADRIAN is another character we see lots of in The Golden Lily. It's this side of Adrian that was never explored in the Vampire Academy series and now we get to see it all! It is so endearing.

I am SO antsy for The Indigo Spell. I love the concept of the Alchemists and I think that's the book that will finally give me my answers. While readers do get a little more on the Alchemists in The Golden Lily, everything is still pretty hush hush about them. I just want to know everything about them, more importantly what it'll take for Sydney to break away.

The Golden Lily was awesome! So many second books in a series tend to drag or seem like tideovers, but that is not the case here! Richelle Mead is one fantastic author and she just raises the stakes even higher. By the books end, I was like a knot tied so tight. I just was so into the book. Everything is bigger and better in this one and in The Indigo Spell, things are only going to get better!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account