Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The first thing I have to say is that this book is a let-down. The characters are poor, the writing style even more so. The plot seemed okay on the blurb, but the romance was dry, and the tests that I desperately wanted Kate to do well on were completely non-existent.

The Goddess Test is a book about Kate, an eighteen-year-old who's mother is dying. With her mother's last wish, of dying where she grew up, Kate drives to Eden, her mother's childhood home. There Kate meets Henry, just after her friend dies, and he offers to bring her back, in return for her to live with him, forever.

From there on the entire books is only really about Kate living in a big house for six months, where nothing really happens. The plot is boring, as nothing happens except right at the start, where Ava dies. I thought the tests would be all big and important, but they weren't even that important, hidden underneath all the boredom of the plot. I was hoping that it would be tests with monsters, and riddles, but the seven tests were basically the seven very unimportant decisions, not good at all.

Kate was such a useless character. She didn't think through things through when she made her decision about living with Henry forever. Even Henry said that prolonging her mother's life was a very cheap price. I reckon that she at least thought things through before she made a fairly useless choice. Henry wasn't dark, like the blurb suggests, but just off-putting. He didn't really have a personality, and the one he does is nothing like the god of death had. I didn't like him, he just was a boring person, just like everything else in the book.

What really got me angry was how causally Kate told Ava that she died, and then brought back to life. And Ava hardly reacted, the only thing that happened was that she brought out a Greek mythology book and started reading. I think there should of been some disbelief involved, not just blind acceptance.

The Goddess Test is a boring version of modern greek mythology. I can easily say that everyone, EVERYONE, would be better off reading Percy Jackson or Half-Blood, which are so much better than this very boring book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account