Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
One of the things that initially drew me to The Goddess Test was the incorporation of Greek Mythology. I fully admit that I am a mythology nerd in all senses of the term. There is nothing that makes me happier than diving into stories about Persephone, Demeter and all the other fascinating Gods and Goddesses. That being said, I really adored how Aimee Carter wove this fascinating topic into an even more intriguing new story! The Goddess Test is everything a good read should be. Fast paced, full of intrigue and deception, and of course a little bit of love.

Kate comes onto the scene a broken shell. Her mother is dying, and she's not sure what she is going to do with herself when the inevitable finally comes. To be honest, Kate was tough for me to love at first. I understood her need to have her mother in her life, but I kept hoping that she'd see the good that comes with moving on alone. A new life, a new start. Her attitude bordered on depressing sometimes, and I really wanted her to see something positive about her situation.

However as the book progresses, Kate definitely does change. It's like a metamorphosis actually. One minute she is a shy, quiet, and lost girl. The next she meets Henry and everything changes for her. The Kate that develops is bold, brave, and full of life. I loved her so much. I won't reveal how this all comes about, or what happens afterwards, but I will say that if you feel the way I did at the beginning just make sure to read on. It gets so much more amazing.

Story wise, I couldn't have been happier with the way that Aimee Carter wove Greek Mythology into Kate's story. Henry was dark and mysterious, and each twist brought about a new aspect for me to fall in love with. The tie in of the story of Persephone definitely gives this book an added element. Watching Kate struggle to let go of her mother, learn to love herself, and try to help Henry, made for a fantastic read. I devoured the book from beginning to end and then lamented the fact that there was no more left to read.

In all honesty, The Goddess Test far surpassed my initial hopes for it. The story line, characters, and setting, all mesh into a wonderfully immersing read. I, for one, eagerly await the second installment in Kate's story. I cannot wait to see what happens next.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account