Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I am so sad to see this series end. I am completely smitten with Henry (and James), and this is a bitter sweet moment. This very unique spin on the Persephone and Hades myth captured my heart from book 1 (The Goddess Test). Sadly, Kate's story comes to a end with The Goddess Inheritance.

Just like the other books in this series, there is a lot of drama and betrayal going on. There is also a whole lot of Henry. (sigh) I was so happy see that he had a more active role this time around. He was present throughout the whole book, which made me very happy.

Of course, Kate is still Kate. She has matured a lot since book 2 (Goddess Interrupted). I was very impressed to see who she became. Of course, she's still pigheaded, which causes a lot of problems. That's Kate though.

The plot was pretty quick in this one. I managed to finish it in a little over 4 hours because it was so gripping. In true Kate fashion, she managed to be wishy-washy throughout 2/3 of the book, which really made the plot drag on. I was starting to get frustrated with the whole circular plot feeling, but then things picked up. I was catapulted into a hard-core battle of the wills. It was gripping and heart breaking all at once. Choices were made that had disasterous affects. Some of those choices were gut wrenching... leaving me twisting my face in disgust. You won't want to miss it!

As far as finales go, this was pretty solid. I was pleased with the ending, even if it left me a bit queesy in parts (due to a certain someone's choices). If you have read the other books in Aimee Carter's The Goddess Test series, do not let the finale go unread!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account