Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Ghost Bride, can't believe is Yangsze Choo debut novel. It so amazing, it was hard to put down. The story is about a young woman, Li Lan's adventures of the underworld after a recently dead spirit of a young man, Lim Tian Ching's proposal for marriage, her first love interest, Tian Bai, Lim Tain Ching's half brother, her coming of age journey. Ghost, Plains of Dead,ox-headed demons, winged monsters, hungry ghost, complicated humans, dragons. The books is an unique experience of the Chinese folklore and beliefs.The writing is exceptional with enough detail to really imagine life in Malaya, both life and afterlife. The characters are so well developed, the reader really gets to know them and care for them, specially Li Lan. I was so intrigued with Er Lang, he was my favorite character. The story has a fairy tale feeling, Choo is a gifted storyteller, it kept me interested until the very end. I love the notes in the ends, it help you understand more about the Chinese culture. I absolutely love the ending, but would've like for Tian Bai to have a similar happiness as Li Lan's.
I really enjoy reading this novel, Yangsze Choo did an outstanding job. 5 well deserved Stars. Recommended
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account