Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I can easily say that the spectrum of emotions I felt while reading this was overwhelming. With that being said, I will also say that is one of the best books I ever read.

I honestly feel that it is impossible to not fall in love with the characters. Hazel is a girl that has at least just one characteristic that readers can sympathize with. Augustus Waters is the boy that every boy wants to be and every girl wants to date. Emotion #1: Love

As an experienced John Green reader, I expected something bad to happen. I mean, it always does. In the middle of the novel, I wanted to stop reading. How could something bad happen to these characters. I want, no need, for them to be happy. Emotion #2: Fear

Unless you are a teenager faced with the fear of your impending death, it is extremely heart wrenching to read about their situation, and know that it is a reality. There are high school students all over our country in similar situations, and we are powerless. There is nothing we can do to ease the situation. Emotion #3: Frustration

Just as you start wiping away your tears, be prepared, because you will laugh. Emotion #4: Relief

The BEST part of this book, is that after reading, I felt inspiration. If these teens can feel hope, love, excitement, and learn from pain in this situation, there are no excuses as to why I do not live my life in the same way. We ALL can learn something from Hazel and Augustus. Emotion #5: Inspired

So, my final recommendation, is to clear out an afternoon, put on your Pjs and slippers, grab a box of tissues, and find a comfy spot where you can experience all of these emotions and hopefully learn something along the way. If you pass this one up, you are missing out!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account