Review Detail

4.7 60
Young Adult Fiction 533
You'll be on cloud 9 when reading The Fault In Our Stars
Hazel’s a spectacular protagonist. Even though I can't relate with her situation, I can relate with her as a person. In fact, I lost count of how many times I nodded my head in agreement with the things she said. With his gorgeous blue eyes, charm and quirky personality, Augustus Waters is heavenly. He and Hazel made a lovely couple; watching their relationship evolve was beautiful to read about.

This is not a good book to read at night. Not because it’s scary or creepy but because when you put it down for the night and attempt to go to bed it will keep you wide awake and have you tossing and turning. Well, at least that’s what happened with me. This isn’t just a book you can just switch off. Once you start reading A Fault in Our Stars, you become a part of it, there’s no going back.

My only complaint is you that some of the language was a bit over the top and felt unnatural; to be honest, I had some trouble comprehending some of the speech that was used. I understand that Hazel and Gus are intelligent and wise for their years but it felt disbelieving that a 16 and 17 year old were using this kind of language.

In reviews I've read, everyone says they sobbed their eyes out and whilst it was heartbreaking to read and I did shed a few tears I didn’t cry nearly as much as I originally thought I would.

Deep, meaningful and gorgeously written, this was my first experience reading John Green but I guarantee you it won’t be my last.

Good Points
Great characters.
Moving story.
Not too depressing which is rare for a cancer book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account