Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After a tragedy that changes the community of Twin Rivers forever, Peyton finds herself coping with it the way a lot of people would: she eats and eats, becoming the “fat girl” her classmates have always called her. And to make matters worse; her best friend left her behind without even saying goodbye. Until 18 months after the life changing accident, Cameron and Julian return to town and remind everyone of how much they’ve lost. The grief-stricken community can finally start to heal.

THE F WORD hit me hard in a lot of ways. As someone on the verge of losing their leg, I could totally relate to Cameron, his fears and reasons. I too would’ve hidden away, not facing reality, if I were him. However, that doesn’t mean I agree with him. It’s obvious how much he means to Peyton and how hard she took it that he left without a goodbye. She’d already lost so much. The fact that the story is being told from both Peyton’s and Cameron’s perspectives gives the reader an insight in their head, mind and feelings. We get to understand their reasoning and how hurt they actually are.

The writing style of this book was very clear. It was easy to read and simple to understand, even when English is not my first language. Although the beginning of the book was a bit confusing. There was talk of a lot of different characters that we hadn’t been introduced to yet, which made the opening chapter somewhat hard to follow. Luckily that changed right after that first chapter.

Peyton and Cameron have great chemistry together and it is obvious they care about each other a lot. You could feel the strong bond between them. However, the fact that their best friendship turns into romance does feel a bit cliché. It contributes to the notion that a boy and a girl cannot be best friends without being something more. I’m all for a good romance, but it does feel a bit forced.

I am intrigued to see how this story will continue in the sequel. The ending of THE F WORD feels quite final, which makes me curious to find out what story will be held within those pages.

THE F WORD is an emotional rollercoaster ride. A lot of tears have been shed in the process of reading it. The pain Peyton and Cameron feel, feels real and is portrayed extremely well. I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account