Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Mara Dyer books are the kind that you can't quite explain to others without inadvertently spoiling important plot points. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was an unexpected discovery for me a year or so ago. That being said, I did not know quite what to expect going into book two. The premise of each novel is so vague. To be honest, I'd forgotten a lot of what happened in it's predecessor, but I had no trouble getting caught up at the beginning.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer is in a way, completely different from book one. The Unbecoming set up the story, gave us a romance and a mystery, and set us on our way for the sequel. The Evolution throws us right into the action and the rest is spent guessing what if and asking why? to a number of things. I thought book two was even better than book one. I could not. Stop. Reading. It was all I could think about for the four days it took to read. I thought it was paced a bit quicker than the previous books, and the mystery. And the romance. And ALL THE THINGS.

I did not know what was going to happen. At all. I'd guess and then I'd be wrong. I'd start to doubt sanity along with Mara just to find out the opposite. Or the truth would become a lie would become truth. This book is just mind bending, guys. I went through an extreme range of emotions throughout the expanse of the novel. There were moments where I just wanted to scream in rage because of the characters in the book, namely Mara's mother and some other choice people. Noah made me swoon. Of course. And there were some moments that just broke my heart.

Overall, an excellent, if even better, sequel to a book that was already amazing. If you thought the first book was kind of creepy, then you're in for a boatload of insanity with this one. I just don't know what to think anymore. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account