Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Well my gosh, that was quite the sequel. Days later, I am still feeling the emotional aftershocks of that book. I spent Wednesday groaning and yelling and "ahhing" and smiling and laughing. SO many feels!! I feel like Ms. Cass has a death grip on my heart. I can't believe I have to wait a whole other year for the next one.

Ok so the book picks up sometime after the last books ended. American Singer is an Elite, one of the six remaining girls, and she is still torn between Aspen, her first love, and Prince Maxon, the man fighting for her heart and affection. I have spent days weighing my team. The Elite made it so much harder to say decisively, but I still believe I am Team Maxon. He adores America, enough to sacrifice his dignity and endure horrific things for her. Plus I pretty much adore him, though there were some touch and go moments in the book. I will warn you, by the end of the book America will have to seriously fight for Maxon's affections too.

With less characters, Ms. Cass was able to do a lot more extensive character development. Girls like Elise, Natalie, and Kriss are shown a lot more in depth. Marlee and Celeste seemed to have been so well developed in the first book. She didn't really have to do as much work there. The book also gives more insight into the royal family. The queen is amazing. The king? Not so much. Ugh. I can't stand him.
Good Points
The book is full of twists and turns that makes the world of the story come alive. There were tears and smiles and laughs and screams waiting for me in the pages. Getting closer to the queen was marvelous. As always, moments with Prince Maxon were amazingly sweet, and there is a particularly spice moment in there too.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account