Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

THE DOG WALK is an intriguing picture book that tells a whimsical story without words. The book features many detailed and intricate designs without any text. The book begins with a child and dog going out for a walk. They travel through many strange places before eventually returning home.

What I loved: This is a book where children can get creative with crafting their own stories and imagining what is happening in each scene. There is much going on in each illustration, and the details will leave something new to be discovered with each read. Finding the child and dog on each page is only the start of a larger adventure.

What left me wanting more: Some of the images may be better for older children. I would also have preferred not to have smoking in the book (there is a character smoking a cigar), but this is a small thing. The story is not totally clear, but there is also appeal in making up something new.

Final verdict: THE DOG WALK is a whimsical, wordless picture book that will appeal to young imaginations.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account