Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Crave has a gorgeous cover, and an interesting publisher’s summary that really draws you in, and makes you want to read the book. It sounds really intriguing, to say the least.

A chapter or two into this book, and I fell in love with the author’s writing. It was really vivid and descriptive and, well, magical. I felt like I was there with the characters, watching everything unfold. It flowed really nicely from page to page, and the speed stayed consistent. This book switched POV’s from Savannah to Tristan, but the switches seemed natural, the flow never once breaking. Normally, forbidden romances aren’t really my thing, but the way the author wrote it made it seem almost fresh and new. She had a web of complicated back-stories, yet she writes it in a way that makes sense, and they feel really intriguing. I felt myself wanting to know more, more, more.

Unfortunately, though the speed stayed consistent, it stayed consistently slow. I felt like Crave could’ve been an introduction or a prequel to an actual novel, as nothing really happened until I was nearly three quarters through the book. So that was about 300 pages of, well, very slow plot development, if any. The publisher’s official summary sounded so promising and had a lot of potential and, reading Crave, I was rather disappointed, to say the least.

I found myself putting this down quite a few times not only because of the pace, but because of the character’s choices, and how everything was set up. Savannah… everything she was told seemed to go in one ear, and come out the other. Frankly, she hardly listened to anyone, and barged headfirst into decisions that seemed obviously wrong.

And, while the back-stories were intriguing and enticing, the actual story at hand wasn’t as intriguing or enticing. The author had created a complicated, magical word of witches, vampires, and mortals. She could honestly expand her story in any direction she’d like. It held so much promise, and I was really looking forward to seeing what she’d do with her story. But here, I found another disappointment. Because the author didn’t really do anything about the vampires or the witches. Most of the plot was centered around Savannah, Tristan, and their forbidden love. Now, I said at the beginning that the author made it seem fresh and new. And, at the beginning, she did. It seemed so out-of-the-ordinary. But as the book progressed, she just seemed to drop back into a typical Romeo and Juliet story, and…

I’ve seen some really high ratings and gushing reviews of this, so I guess I might just be a sour apple and a picky reader? The author’s writing was amazing, and one of the highlights to this story. It has a deep, complicated love story, and a somewhat original idea behind it all. If you’re a fan of paranormal romances, you might want to check this out.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account