Review Detail

The Burning Swift Review
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Friends, this was an adventure. A unique and incredible adventure. I am so happy that this book fell into my lap and I was able to discover it. And yes, the third book is what brought me in. And yes, I started from the beginning and loved every moment of it. This is the epic conclusion of Agatha, Jamie, and Sigrid. Everything that has happened to them from the beginning of the first book now must be resolved. My biggest issue from the second book was Agatha's journey. It seemed more of a side quest than a main event but not this time. Our hawk shined and so did her counterparts. Again, our beloved main characters must journey out to complete their goal. I couldn't tell you what part I enjoyed the most because all of it was so good.

And while this writing is beyond amazing and the plot intriguing, it really is these characters that make this. I'm so glad Sigrid was introduced into these books because do I love her. While we didn't have three books to fully understand her struggles, it is apparent that she will do what she believes is right and overcome any obstacle. Jamie. I dare you not to fall in love with Jamie and root for him. His growth is unparalleled and his self-discovery admirable. Then there is Agatha. I don't think I have ever, ever fell in love with a character so quickly. She is brave. She loves. And she is a good hawk.

Overall, The Burning Swift is the conclusion that this trilogy deserves. Not only was this series as a whole amazing, each book brought something new and this final installment did not disappoint. It's hard to talk about each book as itself when it's apart of something bigger. The pacing, the story, the plot, just everything about this series has been an experience that I hope everyone gets to. And these character. These unforgettable characters will sear themselves into your heart and you will never forget them. I implore everyone who loves fantasy, and underdog characters, to pick up this series.

AUDIO REVIEW
While I was so lucky to get an advanced copy of this book, I couldn't help but do this as audio as well. To catch up to the third installment, I did the first two on audio. And after listening to these narrators bring these characters to life, I knew there was no way I couldn't continue. If you like audiobooks, please, please, please pick this series up. I have never been so in awe of a performance and they capture the heart and soul of these books.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account