Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I had heard a couple of different things about this one. It was cute. It had a paranormal twist. It was fun. I began reading it not necessarily sure how the story was going to go, even though I originally thought this was just going to be a cute chick-lit. It was, but there ended up being a lot more going on.

I really liked Audrey! She was a great character! So smart and loyal and still trying to figure things out. Audrey had never had a boyfriend, so she was a little apprehensive. I also really liked Aidan, her best friend, and Lindsay, her cousin. Then there was a slue of supporting characters that were each individual and added to the story. You also have your villains in Blake and her father.

I thought the story would be predictable and it wasn't. There is a sci-fi twist, as in technologically. It added a completely different dimension to the story and it affected everyone. I thought the whole idea of there being an app that could help you find a boyfriend and the way the technology worked was very creative. I could totally see teenagers buying into it. There is one part where it is absolute mayhem and I about died laughing. So great!

There were only two things that I didn't like. One was that I wish Audrey would have had a little more integrity because I felt what she did was wrong and that she should have just exposed the company in some way instead. The other thing is that there were brief, but strongly suggestive parts that I felt were almost just for shock value and those I could have done without.

Overall, this was a very fun and surprising read! It had some great characters and an intriguing plot. I'm curious to see what Sise writes next.

Content: Some innuendo, some strong suggestive content
Rating: 3.5 stars
Original review posted on my blog: http://tressaswishfulendings.blogspot.com/2013/05/book-tour-review-and-giveaway-boyfriend.html
Good Points
Premise and plot
Characters
Writing
Being unpredictable
Romance/relationships
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 16, 2013