Review Detail

4.1 9
Young Adult Fiction 278
The Body Finder (A Room with Books review)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Holy. Wow. The Body Finder was one seriously intense read. It wasn’t about ghosts or things that go bump in the night, but it scared the pants off of me all the same. Some might say since it’s about regular killers it’s almost more scary and I’m thinking I’d have to agree.
So, anecdote time: I finished The Body Finder minutes before running out the door to catch my bus to make it to Kimberly’s signing. I was so freaked out from reading it I almost didn’t leave since I was traveling by myself and it’d be dark by the time I came home. Oh the power of authors ;]

I love that though Violet’s ability can be classified as paranormal, everything else about The Body Finder is real. Real scary dudes, real homework, real parents; the works. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t abhor paranormal or anything, but it’s refreshing to read a book that’s spine-tingling-ly creepy for real world reasons.

I like that besides her ability to sense the dead, Violet’s still a normal girl. She has homework, parents who occasionally annoy her, and a massive crush on her best friend. I also liked that she was determined to help find the killer but still knew enough (sometimes) to be careful and scares.
Sometimes I just wanted to yell at Jay and Violet to come to their senses and realize they liked each other because COME ON, everyone else could see it :P

Slightly Spoilery
I really liked that Jay & Vi didn’t dance around their relationship for the entire book. Of course I enjoy a slow burn, but I also like kissing. And boy is there lots of kissing!
End

The scenes written from the killer’s point of view had me both fascinated as well as creeped out. I found myself wanting more of them, but at the same time disturbed with myself for wanting that :P

I don’t normally put age suggestions on my reviews, but I’d definitely advise this one be read by older teens.

The Nutshell: The Body Finder definitely has the creep factor going for it, but there’s more than that too. If you’re looking for a book with a strong main character, lots of kissing, and will leave you feeling jumpy, this is definitely the book for you.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account