The Cost of Beauty
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
The Beauty Trials is the third book of The Belles series set in Orleans, where Belles can use magic to make you more beautiful. In Orleans, the citizens suffer from this gray blah appearance, so enter the belles who can alter this appearance often at a high and dangerous cost to themselves. Sophie is the princess and is insane and obsessed with being the most beautiful in Orleans. Dark and scary things have been uncovered about the creation of the belles, belles have gone missing, and the actual Queen has been imprisoned. Once Queen Charlotte is released, she enacts the ancient tradition of The Beauty Trials, which will determine the true Queen, and in a significant twist, a fan-favorite belle is in the trials. Belles have never been Queen. How will this play out?
Final Verdict:
I was on the edge of my seat as I dove into this third book after re-reading the first two, as it had been a while since I had been in the world of The Belles. Sophie is insane, and the extremes she goes to for beauty are horrific. The third book is fast-moving and will give you all the feels from the first two books. The Beauty trials are rigorous, almost lethal tasks and competitions that paved the way for the new Queen of Orleans. The ending will blow your mind.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account