Not every love is meant to be
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked:
The Ballad of Never After the tale is the continuation of the Once Upon a Broken Heart series set in the same world as the author Cararval Series. Book two is more solid and accessible to fall into the story than book one; I felt book one was a jumble of several novels, and this one focuses more on the quest of finding the valroy stones and what is hidden inside the valroy arch. Stephanie Garber knows how to grow her characters into strong, likable heroes or heroines, and Evangeline matures while remaining innocent and connecting to the readers of her story. Jack is my favorite fate. He is multi-faceted, cruel, but delicious, and he carries the level as he endures a wide range of emotional turmoil throughout the story.
Final Verdict:
The ending is one I had to re-read a few times to grasp how evil and brilliant it is. Is this the end of the story hard to say? Did I think the ending was brilliant by far? Of course, it was, and I did not see it coming, which always makes me smile. The Ballad of Never After is an extraordinary tale delivered by a genuinely talented author.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account