Review Detail

Being a Bad Seed doesn't have to be permanent
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

What I Liked:
The Bad Seed is literally a seed and figuratively a ‘bad seed’ that revels in making bad choices at first. There was a traumatic event where he narrowly avoids being eaten and falls under the bleachers. That trauma changes his outlook for a while and makes him feel like all he can be is a bad seed. However, that behavior becomes tiring over time and he makes the decision to make better choices and be happy.
Final Verdict: I like how the book acknowledges that being good when you are so used to being bad is not easy. The bad seed is not perfect, but the main thing is that the seed is trying to do better. This book is engaging and so relatable to so many of our children and students that have trauma-induced behavior responses or impulse control issues. They are so used to being surrounded by negative attention and identifying themselves as “bad” that it can be really difficult to break the habit and make healthier choices that result in more positive outcomes. I highly recommend this series to teachers, counselors, and parents to read with your children/students.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account