Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 1175
Informative and Engaging
(Updated: October 24, 2022)
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

Animal Toolkit shows how animals use everyday objects as tools in ingenious ways. Chimpanzees, for example, use sticks to get termites. A lot of the examples of animals using tools were new to me. I was fascinated with how Egyptian Vultures use a rock to open up Ostrich eggs and how Mandrill monkeys use hair as floss.
The layout of this book worked really well. Each animal and tool was given a page or two depending on the information. Numerous illustrations helped show how the animal used the tool. Around each illustration, there are small blurbs that provide the reader with fun and interesting information. I just wish that the background of each page wasn't black. For some of the illustrations, I felt like they got lost in the dark background. The end of the book gave more information on the animals featured. This is a great feature for the child who likes to seek out additional information on what they read.

Animal Toolkit is full of information and presented in a way that will keep the reader engaged.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account