Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What worked: Amazing futuristic world where Terminator meets Sliders with one kick ass heroine. Riven is a tough, hard soldier of the parallel world Neospes. Her latest job involves jumping to our world to find the twin of her world's ruler. Riven's attempts to fit into our world's high school are funny as readers can feel her awkwardness. Seriously, how can something like the prom be as important as saving a world? Riven's edge sets her apart as someone not to mess with.

The big plus of this novel has to be the world building. Neospes is the opposite of our world. It reminded me so much of the Terminator in which one character is set back in time to our world in an attempt to stop a future horror. In THE ALMOST GIRL, Riven is like a teen version of that one hero. The contrasts between Neospes and Earth are haunting and chilling. So is the futuristic technology which involves zombie-like soldiers and also cloning.

What I wished for was more chemistry between Caden and Riven. Sure, it's there but I felt almost as if the author was teasing us. I wanted more! Some parts of the novel dragged and took away from an otherwise engaging story.

YA Terminator meets Sliders with a kick ass heroine who finds out not all is what it seems to be. Futuristic adventure with hints of romance. A must read for fans of futuristic stories set on parallel worlds.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account