Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
All I can say is, "OMG." This book had me on the edge of my seat. Think Aliens meets Ender's Game. In this case the kids are the ones being geared to be the killers.

There is so much to love about this book. It's totally unlike most recent dystopian books out there. It has suspense, mystery(we never do see the aliens which is creepy), hints of romance, chills, and edge of the seat action.

The story is told in through the eyes of different characters. There's Cassie who crushes big time on Ben and later finds herself a sole survivor. Ben, the guy who's main interests included sports, cars, and girls. Only later he finds himself being groomed for something that tests not only his strength but humanity as well. The Silencer who battles between two sides: the alien and human one.

I loved these characters. The relationship between Cassie and Ethan has an alien Romeo and Juliet appeal. It's bittersweet and very tragic. Cassie's character could very easily come across as very snarky but no, she's wounded but also a survivor. She refuses to give up especially after her younger brother is taken.

The world building is subtle at first then builds until the final reveal. This world is haunting and very frightening.

There's some chilly lines throughout this novel. One that stuck out had to be Cassie's remark that the media didn't prepare us for the aliens with all the Star Trek movies as the real aliens were so not ET. No, we never see them and that alone is scary.

I couldn't put this book down! A total must read!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 10, 2013
Sounds like a great book but to be honest I didnt really like Enders Game
1 results - showing 1 - 1