Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I swear I thought of every crazy (non-paranormal) idea on who could have been the killer and yet, I was so completely wrong in the end. Although, I did have a fleeting thought about the “why” that was right, I was so completely wrong about the who. McNeil is a crazy mastermind.

I've watched a few teen slasher movies, but they're not usually my cup of tea. If there's going to be blood then I want there to be a good story and sadly, that's just not usually the case. Ten, however, was completely awesome. Maybe it's because it was in book format instead of movie, but I never thought it to be cheesy. I did, however, squirm and cringe and want to hide under the covers. There was so much blood! Though, I must say that McNeil handles it in as much a tasteful way as can be possible.

The mystery itself was definitely the best part for me. I was right there with Meg frantically trying to fit the pieces together. Though, I did figure most of it out before her, she was never too far behind. Except, you know, in the end I was really rather wrong despite everything. For almost the entire book I had it narrowed down to two people and was totally convinced it was one of them. Yeah, not so much. If you can figure this one out before the reveal, I will totally give you a round of applause.

I know a romance element is pretty normal, but am I really the only one who finds it a little weird that people can build a relationship in the midst of a bloodbath?

The Nutshell: The characters aren't the best, but can you really ask for more from a slasher? I mean, some of the characters are around for no time at all so you can't really expect them to be well-rounded. The mystery, however, is stellar and makes up for any shortcomings. If you're looking for a good teen slasher that will have you paranoid by the end then Ten is definitely your read.

Hit
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account