N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Really a 3.5 for me.

I haven't actually read The Tempest, so I can't compare its story line to this one. I can say that this was a very fun read! I was cracking up quite a bit. The authors have a great writing style.

I loved the group of characters, including all the supporting ones. I could connect to some of them and the others reminded me of some people I've known. I would say that Caleb was my favorite though. He seemed very sure of himself and wasn't easily swayed by the whims of others. I liked Miranda too. She is still figuring where she fits in after being demoted in her high school's hierarchy, but eventually she gets there.

My only negative comment about this was the amount of language. There weren't any major swear words, but there was a lot of mild ones and repeatedly. I would have rated it much higher without the language; probably 4.5 stars. Such a disappointment as this would have been a great recommendation to my teenage nephews and nieces.

Source: Received a copy from the authors for review, which did not affect my review in any way.
Good Points
Lots of humor and sarcasm.
Great characters.
Nice romance that isn't insta-love.
Realistic High School environment.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account