Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to say first off that I have not read the first book in The Ivy Chronicles and I was able to follow along seamlessly with this book. That being said, I am sad that I missed the whole back story on a few of the characters.

Emerson is definitely not like any other female leads I've read about. She's honestly like a lot of the boys. I was excited to read about a female lead taking charge though, but right away realized someone was wrong. Em is obviously going through some "stuff" and I immediately wanted to give her a big hug.

Enter Shaw. Now, while Shaw is swoon worthy and all that, I honestly found him a bit creepy. I know Jen (cupcakegirly) is going to give me "a look" with that comment, but I really did find him creepy. He was still swoon worthy and I loved how he took care of Emerson, but seriously, back off a little bit dude. For reals. While overall I loved his character, I just felt that he was a bit too "much" and a bit too demanding, however that's really what Emerson needed. So, while it was great for her, not so much for me. There, I said it. Don't hate me.

There was also a lot of drama here. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but again I just felt maybe it was a bit over the top. And again, don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy this book! I'm just trying to be honest. I'm still glad I read it. I still enjoyed it. It just wasn't my favorite.

Overall I enjoyed this book. I do want to go back and read the first book, and I will read the next book as well. I look forward to reading more by Sophie Jordan in the future! (please don't hate me for not being totally in love with Shaw!).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account