Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This one was definitely a new side of the vampire. It's got everything, nasty humorous jabs, vampires, mystery and zombies.

Now, people, let us debate the pros and cons of being a vampire.

PROS
You can live forever, move really fast and be gorgeous

CONS
You never get to laugh, cry or really even smile again. You can never go in the sunlight at all.

I would never become a vampire. Anyone who knows me knows that I laugh. A lot. At everything. And I like the sun. So, from my point of view, Cathy's decision was a stupid one. I mean, she knows this guy for a few weeks and decides she wants to be with him. For eternity. Of not laughing, smiling, crying or anything. That sounds horrible. Anyway.

PLOT

The plot was a little confusing. There were too many side plots, and you had to kind of dig to find the right one. There was the mystery regarding Anna, trying to convince Cathy not to turn into a vampire, trying to figure out Kit and his family, and hating on Francis. It was a bit confusing.

But the plot was also very original, which I really liked.

CHARACTERS

I really liked Mel as a main character. Unlike most female protagonists in vampire books, she was totally NOT obsessed with vampires. She was also really funny, which made the book more enjoyable in contrast to Cathy and Francis' seriousness. I thought that maybe her meanness to the vampires was a little unjustified and a bit over the top, but I still really liked her.

I also liked Kit and Anna, Kit because he was really funny, and Anna because, well, she was just likable.

I think this book would appeal to both vampire lovers and vampire haters, because although the whole book revolves around the existence of vampires, the main character really does not like vampires, and it's actually more about friendship and mystery.
Good Points
- The main character was funny and NOT in love with vampires
- Very original
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account