Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Originally posted at my blog (Take Me Away...) so the format has been lost.

I'm one of those people that will search for something on television and settle on one of three things: Re-runs of Criminal Minds, re-runs of Bones, and anything on The Food Network. Those things I will ALWAYS watch. That's exactly how I feel about this book. Not trying to say that its my last resort, but just saying that it made me feel comfortable.
With that being said, I fell right into the storyline. I was swept away by the competition and the characters. From the very beginning I knew who was going to be the love interest and who was going to be the "mean girl" and who was going to be the friend. What I wasn't expecting, was the mystery that popped up. But when it did, I began to see what was going on and who it dealt with. But, it was far more than I was expecting. Way more than I expected. I had let myself get too comfortable and missed it entirely. That's the kind of mystery I like.
One thing I did not like about this book was the characters. Nora definitely jumped on my last nerve a couple of times. Like when she went back and forth between liking him and not. This frustrated me because normal girls go through that, but at the same time, not to that caliber. It doesn't turn off and on everyday. I don't know, maybe it was just the competition, but it annoyed me. Then there was the fact that all she thought about was him. Like in the arena, outside the arena, just everywhere. I would much rather have heard more about Prescott and Joy vs hearing more of her thoughts about him.
I also loved that they put the recipes in the back of the book. That spicy casserole will definitely be one that I introduce to the boyfriend. I just wish that they had added them all. I would have loved to have that Lobster Roll one too. I'm from the South but would love to have a taste of the East Coast!
This book really surprised me. I honestly wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. There were some minor hiccups, but overall it was a good, humorous debut. I look forward to reading more books by Fiore!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account