Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 580
An Inspiring Story
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

Having a basketball-obsessed son I already knew who Tacko Fall was. However, I had no idea of all the work and hardships Tacko endured before achieving his dream of playing in the NBA. Growing up in Senegal, Tacko was the tallest kid in his class. Sometimes he couldn't even find shoes to fit his large feet. Tacko's height is a significant advantage in the game of basketball, but he still had to work hard to get in shape to play the game. When Tacko was 16 years old he came to the United States leaving behind his mother and brother. I was struck by how brave Tacko was to come to a new country where he barely spoke any English. It must have been scary and overwhelming, but it was worth it After years of practice, Tacko finally achieved his dream of playing in the NBA.

Tacko's life story is interesting, and I was eager to find out what happened next. Tacko Fall: To New Heights is an inspirational book. It shows readers that they should always chase their dreams.

This book will appeal to basketball fans, but I think anyone can appreciate the message that with hard work you can achieve your dreams.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account