N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Book Sp(l)ot

Claire lives in a sleepy beach town, but that's perfect for her. She can spend the summer hanging around the beach with her best friend and swimming as much as possible.

There's only one problem--and it also involves the summer and the beach--whenever Claire's too close to lightning (or electrical charges or any kind) she 'switches' into another person's body. Usually she switches right back but this time she's stuck...In the body of the gorgeous girl spotted on the beach the other day--the girl who's caught her crush's eye!

Switch wasn't a book that's going to really change anyone's life or pose any earth shattering questions...but it is a fun litle book (I read it during the course of one day). As the title might suggest, most of the story transpires during Claire's big 'switch' so you don't get a lot of her life before she switches with Larissa.

While Larissa and Claire are switched you do learn a good bit about both girl's lives-but most of it is pretty superficial. ..A lot of it was pretty predictable stuff (from the rich family Larissa's acting as nanny for to Larissa and her parents to Claire--though saying how would be spoilery).

So, while this book doesn't present anything new and some of the characters seem to be (slightly) formulaic/predictable, there were also well thought out points around the entire 'switching' events and I liked that the book centered on a longer switch but also explained why it was longer.

It would have been possible to just say that the entire switching bodies in general was strange and unpredictable so the long-term switch was just a fluke. That would have detracted from my enjoyment of the book, though, so I'm glad that Ms Snow kept up a consistent reason for why Claire wasn't switching back.

I also quite enjoyed the secondary story surrounding Claire's grandmother and the way it (and she) developed through the book.

Switch wasn't a book that's likely to change your life, but it is a book that you can read when you want to enjoy something that won't take too long to read and won't depreess you either (I read it after 13 Reasons Why when I needed something light).

(I'd rate this a 7.5/10 so it's somewhere between 3 and 4 stars)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account