N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by stephanie

Switch reminded me of Wake because of the accidentally-coming-into-your-body-slash-seeing-your-dreams stuff. Seriously. I mean, besides the fact that Wake was about dream catching and Switch was about body changing, they almost follow the same type of plot.

Both girls have powers that they didnt ask for and both girls each encounter some sort of adventure that has something to do with that specific power. For Claire, it was accidentally going into someones body and staying there&longer than she has ever known. For Janie, it was breaking cases and finding out who was the culprit by using her dream catching powers. And at the end of each adventure, they are relatively satisfied and *bam* end of story.

However, despite Switchs close relation to the Wake series, it definitely isnt as good or as well-written. For Wake, I was completely and totally drawn into the book, whereas for Switch, there were multiple times where I had to put the book down&and didnt really want to pick it back up.

And the characters, specifically Claire and her grandmother, are so weird, okay? Im not even kidding. You know that summary, the last question where it asks: will she ever figure out how to get back to her old life? More importantly, will she want to? That question? Well, it was really subtle. It wasnt obvious that Claire didnt want to go back to her old body because she kept trying to go to sleep and return to her previous body. It wasnt until around the last few chapters where the author subtly suggested that Claire didnt want to go back, but it was so subtle that you basically had to read between the lines to understand it.

And Claires grandmother? Epic weirdness. There were times where I wasnt even sure if she was on Claires side or not because she kept going out doing weird things and not going to sleep so Claire wouldnt return. She kept dressing funny and basically embarrassed the heck out of Claire, who wasnt Claire at the time. So she was like one of those characters who were important but, at the same time, not important.

Overall, this book was not that interesting. The summary sounded way better than its reality.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account