Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I picked this book up on a whim; I had seen it on some website and recognized the cover when I was in the store. Because it was an impulse buy it took me a little while until I took it off my shelf to actually read—when I did start reading, the thing was over before the weekend was. I didn’t want to put it down.

It was a good book, and a nice take on both Nephillme and biblical based stories. Though I really liked the main character, she didn’t feel as real as she could. Anna Whitt is the narrator of the story, and she was raised to be extremely innocent. So innocent that she’s very trusting, even if that could end up hurting her later on. This hyperactive sense of innocence and blind trust was nice, but at the same time made her feel fake.

The interactions between Anna and Kaidan, or Anna and alcohol help and hinder her at the same time. The blind trust in Kaidan when they go on a little trip seems a little extreme, and the drastic change when Anna gets a taste of alcohol is interesting but it feels like a whole different character—a little too sudden of a shift. The way she, Kaidan and other characters fight, or embrace their base nature was interesting to watch, and made you wonder how you would act if you were in their situation.

The plot was nice, and I really enjoyed the story. The only thing that held it back was the fact that Anna didn’t always feel like a real person. She felt so innocent, and so trustworthy that it was just… unrealistic, because she was pretty bad at making decisions for her safety. I found myself enjoying the moments that she was ‘working’ with alcohol a lot. I hope her character goes through some realistic developments in the later books.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account