Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This installment picks up just a few weeks after Roth has sacrificed himself at the end of White Hot Kiss. Layla's really hurting after that loss. Roth is trapped in the pits and she doesn't know if she will ever see him again. There was no need to worry though as Roth shows up, at the Warden's house no less.

He tells them all that they failed and a Lilin has in fact been born. They will have to work together in order to stop the Alpha's from wiping them all out. So, they enter into an unlikely truce, until the problem is taken care of.

A Lilin can take a soul with just one touch and they need to see who has been effected. There's one MAJOR problem though... Layla can't see souls anymore! Her abilities are going wonky when she needs them the most! Not fun times!

Roth turns cold to Layla and pushes her away. Telling her that she was just a fun distraction to him. This in turn makes her move closer to Zayne. Her childhood best friend. They grow closer and even take their relationship to the next level. Yet, she still finds herself drawn to Roth. Wonder why...

Layla begins to believe that there is no Lilin and that she's the one who's causing all this to happen. After all, her powers seem to be changing. She even kissed Zayne a few times without taking his soul. Even the insane Church of God's Children hate her. They threw Holy Water on her to prove a point and that's how her best friends found out about her. Which is fine by me as I happen to love Stacey.

Though it couldn't last forever and she does take a part of Zayne's soul when she kisses him for the last time. Abbot's pissed and locks her in a cage. They keep her drugged and then stab her with an iron blade. She is going to die at their hands until two awesome Warden's decide to do the right thing and warn Roth. He saves her and takes her someplace safe. Oh, Roth I love you. Sorry off track there. I went into fangirl mode.

Roth gets the witches who worship her mother to give her something that will save her. Only he has to promise something huge in return. We don't find out what he has to give up until the last book. Layla lives and she decides that she can't go back to her room in the Warden's place. She does get to visit Stacey and it's here that the Lilin is revealed!

I saw this coming a mile away. It honestly got to the point where I wanted to smack Layla and tell her to open her eyes. To quit being torn between Zayne and Roth. She should've seen this coming. The signs were all there. He was just changing way too much.

Now the boys. Zayne.... I don't hate him but he's just not my type. He's too overbearing. He's too good. He's also rather annoying. I just can't.... He's a great character and all but there is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way. Am I alone in this?

Roth. Roth! ROTH! Do I really need to say more? Yes, he's an ass in the beginning of the book but he had good reasons and you even find those reasons out in the end. He also loves Layla so much it's just the most adorable thing ever.

The writing as always is just awesome sauce. No one writes better dialogue than JLA. It's so witty and makes me laugh. I enjoy her books so much. The banter just gets to me. I even have my partner saying some of the things she has written.

Overall, great plot, characters, Roth, writing, romance, Roth, humor, action and Roth.
Good Points
Roth. Nothing else need be said.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account