N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
THIS BOOK!

STOLEN SONGBIRD is a truly magnificent story of magic, politics, love, and deception. Cécile is taken from the life she knows and thrown into an entirely new one when she is sold as a bride to Tristan, the troll prince of Trollus. Stuck in a strange and dangerous world beneath the Forsaken Mountain, Cécile has one duty—to fulfil the prophecy that’ll free the trolls from the curse that stops them from leaving the mountain and entering the human world. Trollus is a cruel place, ruled by a harsh human-hating king. Anyone not a full-blooded troll is treated as a lesser being, and the divide creates a lot of tension. Despite its gloom, I found Trollus a glorious setting—especially the glass gardens. The world building is exceptional, and Cécile and Tristan are such wonderfully crafted characters. Same goes for all the characters, actually, but those two are my favourites. Cécile is so feisty and I liked her right away. Tristan is incredibly sweet . . . in his own way! I loved him! The development of their relationship was touching and I became very attached to them both.

I loved STOLEN SONGBIRD so much it hurt! It’s easily one of the best books I’ve ever read. And I don’t say that lightly. I read it in January because I simply couldn’t wait to start. The story has stayed with me since, and I think it will do for a long time. Everything about the book is so special and enchanting. Absolutely perfect!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account