Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Miranda Kenneally is one of those authors you can grow comfortable with. Meaning you can hear she's coming out with a new title and automatically pre-order it without even having to read the synopsis. Her words in this title have proven my point. Stealing Parker is an amazing read and it will leave you breathless.
After Parker's mom announces that she's a lesbian and leaves her family to join her girlfriend, rumors begin to fly. And what's worse, they stem from her former best friend. From there, everything begins to spiral out of control and Parker decides to leave the softball team and make out with guy after guy. All to prove that she's nothing like her mother. She then decides to manage the baseball team thanks to her best friend for life, Drew. From there she meets the baseball coach intern Brian. And from there, her life falls out control.
One of my favorite things about Kenneally's books is that in each one she teaches life lessons. In this one, she tackles one of the biggest issues in teen society right now, homosexuality. A lot of times, people that are homosexual find it hard to come out and find it harder to find friends to stick with them. They become embarrassed about what they like. Kenneally portrays this situation with expertise. She shows that it is ok to be however you want and do whatever you want. She shows that "sometimes you have to do what's best for you." Another lesson that can be taught from this book is hypocrisy. But I won't go in detail for fear of spoilers. Just know that the lesson is there.
I also loved the characters Parker is strong willed, believes in her Christian values, and is a very good friend. She just made some mistakes along the way. Also, all the guys that she befriended are all characters. (No pun intended lol) They provided the comic relief and I was grateful through all the drama with her family and her church. And I loved that it was a companion novel that features Jordan and Sam. It's so interesting to me when an author can provide us with another story and feature them in it without it being a whole story about them.
As far as the romance, I was very happy with it. I must admit tho, Kenneally kind of scared me towards the end. I was so close to the end and the issue hadn't be resolved yet so I got nervous lol I'm ashamed to say I cried for a little bit when everything was finally fixed. I had just connected with Parker so much and I was happy things begin to fall in place for her.
Stealing Parker is a quick read, but its content makes up for the lack of pages. Things move very fast and you'll find yourself swept to the dug out, chewing gum, and listening to the crack of the baseball connecting with a bat.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account