Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I bought this book solely on the cover, it was stunning and the following novels with the two guys... yeah.

These are actually some of my favorite covers ever. They are dark, gritty, and again, the guys are very easy on the eyes.

Then when I started reading this book... my mind was just blown away. Usually when I pick a book for the cover it sucks. Sad but true. I've often found that books with ugly covers have amazing stories hidden within. This was so not the case! I was so very surprised by how good this debut novel was! It had lots of romance, action, creepy weird stuff, and it feels my love of the paranormal/supernatural quite well.

This novel follows young Alyssa, whose mother is mentally insane with a father who loves them both so much, but is pretty much at his wits end trying to get his wife back to normal. Alyssa starts to worry when she hears bugs talk to her but tries to push it away, not wanting to end up like her mother. The illness that has plagued her family since Alice told her story to Lewis Carroll.

On top of the crazy family stuff, she is losing her best friend, who she actually likes, to someone else. Jeb, he's going to move across the country with his girlfriend leaving Alyssa alone in Texas. Everything changes when she visits her mother and then the mirror...

It's a great book, it's even more amazing that this is seriously a debut! I've already purchased the other two and plan to preorder the companion very soon. Read this book, you will have an amazing time!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account