Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I really wanted to adore this book. But sadly it was missing something for me.

I liked Eleanor. I liked the inner struggle she had and everything she had to learn about herself. She was determined and brave and loyal. I really appreciated that, but she didn't stand out to me from other protagonists.

The story itself was definitely interesting. While there are plenty of zombie books out there, most of them aren't historical fiction and very few that I've read involve necromancy. There was also a very personal aspect to this that made it more intriguing. I was curious to see how it would turn out and I was impressed.

Honestly, the romance aspect was the most interesting. There was one real love interest and one character who had potential, but he was just too suspicious. However, I really liked both of them and wanted more of them. I wanted to know everything about them and found them fascinating. If the books were in one of their perspectives, I would be a very happy reader.

Something just didn't click for me, though. I think it might've been Eleanor. As interested as I was in the story and invested as I was in the love interest and...other, I was never really interested in her. To me, she just seemed like a vehicle for the story.

This was a really good story and it was well written. I enjoyed it for the most part, I just never connected with Eleanor as a protagonist. But that's probably a Me thing. I definitely recommend checking this one out, overall.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account