Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’ve always thought I had a pretty good sense of right and wrong. At least until I read Dia Reeves’s "Slice of Cherry." By the time I was halfway through the book I found myself rooting for coldblooded killers. Sure, they were guised as innocent, Texan, girl next-door types, but they’re killers nonetheless!

The book follows sisters Kit and Fancy Cordelle, who just so happen to be daughters of one of the most notorious serial killers in Texas. While he’s in prison on death row, the sisters find themselves possessing that same killer gene their daddy has, and well, they work their darndest to make their daddy proud.

Now normally it would be a no-brainer not to root for the serial killers to succeed in their particular line of work. But in "Slice of Cherry," Reeves writes so fantastically that you can’t help but relate to the psychotic protagonists. They have everyday teenage problems, i.e. boys, clothes, school, and yet they also have this itch to kill that they can’t help but scratch try as hard as they might. Reeves helps their relatable qualities along by coming up with some fantastical, potentially magical, ways for the girls to murder, making the whole process seem less gruesome and therefore, less terrible.

Either way, from now on, I’m going to think twice before falling for that endearing Texas drawl ever again.
Good Points
Writing that makes you relate to serial killers.
Scenes that make you squirm without crossing the line into too graphic.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account