Review Detail

3.2 2
I loved the suspense and thriller aspect of it, but the rest of the story was just okay
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: Easily the best part of this book is the Oracle and mystery aspects. I liked learning Pike’s spin on Oracles, their powers, and their world. While we don’t get as much information about them as I would’ve liked, we get a good sense of the main character, Charlotte’s, powers. My favorite part of the book though, was the mystery behind the killings, the actual killings themselves, and figuring out what was going on. I don’t know if I’m on a mystery kick or something, but when the killings happened, I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough. I liked how gruesome and real Pike was with each killing, you really get a clear picture of what happens to each victim and I was going crazy trying to figure out what was going on. Even though I kind of suspected who was behind it all, it was still cool watching it all play out.

Left Me Wanting More: I definitely didn’t care for the romance in this at all. I felt like Charlotte and Linden had no chemistry, their relationship felt forced, and I had no feelings towards them as a couple whatsoever. Granted, when you figure out what’s going on, it kind of plays into the story, but I didn’t care for it regardless. Also, I wanted to know more about the world of Oracles. You get a brief history lesson and are told of this secret society of “Sisters” that controls the Oracles, but that’s about it. I definitely wanted to know about them and to get a better understanding of the characters I was dealing with.

Final Verdict: I think people would enjoy this for the mystery and suspense alone. Yes, the romance was lacking and the world of the Oracles could’ve used a bit more fleshing out, but otherwise it was a pretty decent read and I was surprised by how much I liked it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account