Review Detail

Kids Fiction 709
Bugs Can Be Superheroes Too!
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Sir Ladybug will take on any adventure and quest, but he doesn't always like to be the center of attention. His friend Pell on the other hand isn't brave enough for a quest, but can speak in front of any crowd. Their last friend is a snail named Sterling who provides the living quarters for the group.

When a bird attacks, trying to find its next meal, Sir Ladybug steps in to save the day. But the bird is still hungry. While the others view him as a monster, Sir Ladybug understands that he's just hungry and there's one thing that always fixes a problem like this. His famous lemon cake! While the bird is reluctant to eat it, his views quickly change after one bite.

SIR LADYBUG is a middle-grade graphic novel all about adventure and friendship. It also teaches children that monster is a relative term which is a unique message that should be seen more often. Different doesn't mean bad but I love how they find an alternative to the bird's diet that doesn't involve the pop little worm being eaten. The illustrations are simply adorable and this is a graphic novel both my daughter and I enjoyed together.

Final Verdict: This is a cute story that I would recommend to fans of graphic novels, bugs, stories of bravery, and adventure.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account