Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Let me start by saying how beautiful Tahereh Mafi writes. I haven't been touched by such wonderful writing in a while and I found myself wanting to keep devouring page after page of this book. I haven't read anything like this book in awhile, the premise was completely unique to me. When I first opened up the book I noticed that there were words crossed out and I was instantly mad that I thought someone had ruined the book! As I looked through to see how bad the damage was I realized that it is part of the book. It's a unique feature that represents Juliette's conflicting thoughts. I loved this feature; it added intrigue and provided more of an insight to Juliette's character.

I love that there are some dynamic characters in this book. Every character in this book is so full of life that they came alive out of the pages to me. I have heard critiques that Juliette is a weak person; that doesn't ring true to me. Juliette is shattered in the beginning of the book because of her past and how she has been treated. Adam is a strong, determined man that you can't help but root for. Warner is such a villain and I haven't read of such a strong villain in a long time; I couldn't help but want to punch this guy in the face through the pages. Devour Me, book 1.5, is from Warner's point of view and from what I've read it has made some people actually start to root for him which intrigues me to read this book asap.

I loved that there were some big events in the book that I didn't see coming. This book successfully delivered suspense, action and romance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account