Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I am always looking for the next book that is going to blow me away, and Shadow and Bone has done it!

I was transfixed by the Grisha world. It was unique and completely different than anything I have ever read, and from Chapter 1 I was hooked.

Alina was such a great heroine. Her power is discovered while protecting a friend in the Fold, a place of total darkness filled with all sorts of treacherous creatures. From there, she has the attention of all of Ravka, even the Darkling, the most powerful of all Grisha. I liked that Alina had to work to figure out her powers, and it took her a while to even be able to call them forth. It wasn't a bang, I'm awesome type of thing. She had to work endlessly and tirelessly. This made it all the more amazing when she finally broke through!

And then there's The Darkling. Oh my yummy yum yums! He's dark (obviously) and mysterious and powerful and brooding...and I could go on and on about all the great glowering things he is, but you get the point! I immediately fell for him because wowza! I want to go back and re-read it just for him!

This book was amazing! Full of suspense and steam, I couldn't put it down!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account