Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'm sad to say I'm a little disappointed since this is the book I've been waiting the whole trilogy for. I've been so excited to see what the new planet would look like and in the end it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

Now, I know Centauri-Earth was like Sol-Earth as far as everyone could tell, but come on now, am I really supposed to expect it has basically the same plant and animal life, not to mention weather? The only noted difference in plant life are the purple flowers and the trees that are mostly similar to Sol-Earth trees with a slight difference in trunk shape. And animals: we have the pteros (but you'll know why I don't count it if you've read it) and some strange half-described stuff in the lake that might've just been a giant squid or something. And of course, there's the aliens, but I'm going to lump them in there with the pteros. I really wanted an imaginative new world, not one I could've thought up myself.

And then there's Amy. She's a strong enough character, but boy was she being stupid. "My, what strange eyes you have." "His eyes are strange." "There's something strange about it, but I'm sure it's fine." Good gosh, can you stop pointing out how strange his eyes are and actually stop and think about it?! Oh, and while your at it, how about you stop flirting with him every chance you get. Maybe it's not intentional, but then again, maybe you should pay a little more attention to how it might look to your boyfriend.

I really wanted to feel more emotion at the ending, but it all jut felt really unnecessary. I mean, if someone had just tried to establish peace I'm pretty sure none of the bad would have happened. And believe me, there were certainly chances to try. But did anybody try? No. Instead there was a lot of unnecessary death.

Now, it wasn't my favorite, but the suspense was good and kept me glued to the pages which is what really redeemed it for me.

The Nutshell: I was disappointed in Centauri-Earth and the unnecessary deaths, but it was worth the read for the suspense and to finish the series.

Near Miss
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account