Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Shades of Earth is a fanFREXINGtastic finish to this trilogy! It's filled with action, suspense, romance and heartbreak that kept me riveted to my seat right up to very last word. THE LAST WORD!

The cover changes, which have been a topic of debate, are a good example of the lessons learned in this story, like how the inside matters so much more than what's on the outside. This is true of books, humans, clones and other...things.

All of the questions Amy and Elder have surrounding Godspeed, Centauri-Earth, the frozens, even the mission itself are answered in a series of action packed, heart racing twists. Beth Revis is a master world builder and I felt as if I was experiencing all Centauri-Earth has to "offer" right alongside the new colonists. Every one of my senses were engaged and the creep factor hit an all time high as I too, wondered, "What.the.FREX.IS.that?!" *shudders*

What I liked:

One of the things that I've grown to enjoy most about this storyline is Amy and Elder's relationship. I appreciate that it wasn't an instant love-at-first-thaw thing and that Amy has questioned her "options", or lack thereof, while aboard Godspeed. It proves she doesn't take love or a relationship lightly. Elder's patience with her is definitely not the norm and shows a maturity a lot of "human" teenage boys lack. Their "it's complicated" status is a focal point in Shades of Earth and has all the elements that make up a good romance besides swoon worthy kissing, which there is plenty of. But Amy and Elder are no strangers to hope, or devastating loss and are reminded once again that, "...how much you want something doesn't determine whether you get it or not..." *clutches chest*

What I Didn't Like:

Not.A.Frexing.Thing!

Favorite Quote(s):

"I learned that if someone loves you, he'll wait for you to love him back."

"You come back to me...You do whatever it takes; you come back to me."

I'm not joking when I say this book had me on the edge of my frexing seat! Each time I thought I had it all figured out, some new piece of the puzzle was thrown at me. (There were moments I wasn't sure I'd make it to the end without someone slapping a green Phydus patch on me.) It's always a little sad when a series ends but fans of this trilogy will not be disappointed.

Good Points
Elder.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account