Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: I really enjoyed Amy as a character. She was very strong-willed and determined, I honestly didn’t even focus on the fact that she has cerebral palsy because she didn’t let it define her. It was just a part of her, but she was so much more than that. I liked that she was portrayed as a “normal” girl would can still do some things on her own, is brilliant in her own right, and faces all the same hardships we all face.

Left Me Wanting More: As much as I wanted to connect with the characters and their romance, it just didn’t move me as much as I was hoping. It was just okay for me. I understood each of their inner struggles and sympathized with them, but as for the love, I didn’t really feel it. I would’ve been fine with them dealing with their own drama and just having a meaningful friendship, really. The romance was just lackluster, which would’ve been fine for young teens, but these two are in their late teens (senior year and college years), and they have to face some very adult decisions in this book. I also didn’t really care for Matthew much. It was interesting to see his struggles, but I just didn’t like him.

Final Verdict: The premise is interesting enough and the writing is fine. I think I would’ve enjoyed this more if I had a better connection to the characters and their relationship. In the end, I just felt blase about the whole thing, but it was still a okay read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account