Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’ve been mulling this over for a long time. I’ve been wondering how to write this review for a long time, too. Because nothing I say can do this book any justice – I loved it.

I loved everything about it. Everything from the characters, the plot, to the way the author delivered her story. It was perfect, and really set the mood. Combining a story about the death of a girl’s sister with a road trip, Saving June’s different from the books I’ve read. It’s a darker, more edgier contemporary book. And unique.

I was caught up in the pages. This was one of those books that you just fall in love with. There are flawed, well-rounded, realistic characters that are easily like-able and relate-able, and an easy plot line. Saving June had more of a character-driven plot line, and the way the author wrote the story really suited the mood.

Both bittersweet and funny, with moments that made me laugh out loud and somber, sad moments that made me want to cry, Saving June took me on a emotional roller coaster all around the place. Saving June is a story about family and self-discovery. It’s about dealing with the guilt, and moving on, while never really forgetting those that won’t be able to move on with you. With both sad and humorous moments, music, and a tinge of romance, Saving June was everything I wanted and more.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account