N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
a review by Angel Fish

After leaving an especially tempting cliffhanger in The Luxe, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Rumours, and after reading the first page I was instantly devoured into the world of Elizabeth and Diana Holland, the Schoonmakers, and the Hayes. The switch of character thoughts between chapters was exciting for me, and left me hungering for what might come in the next, and wishing for my favorite two characters and romance to pop up (Diana and Henry, respectively.) I love Anna Godbersen's unique style, introducing her novels with a peek into the future, leaving a delicate hook for us readers and fans. Not only are her books great and detailed historical fictions, they are also representative of the situations often found in the upper grades-popularity and reputation, etc. The end of this book was very sad, unlike the previous, and though it certainly caused a little burr in my skin, I'm very excited to get my hands on Envy, especially since Diana seems to be the main protagonist in this one. A fast and intense read, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys historical fiction especially and loves intrigue, rumours, and most importantly...secrets.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account